Maker Channel Information and Process
- In your video, please explain anything you think is critical to the project (how it works, why you made it, shots of the assembly process, shots of it working, future improvements or plans).
- We want to be able to see the project in full view. Keep it simple. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- We want to see you in the video!
- Don’t feel constrained by time, but know that we’ll likely edit your video to around a minute in length. 5 minutes total running time could be a good target for you.
- Time stamp must be off
- Don’t include web link stamps on your video
- No violence, bad language, remember this is Public Television!
- 16x9 Widescreen (preferably HD), 4x3 NTSC is OK
- Use an external microphone if you can, rather than the camera’s mic
- No music, unless that’s part of the project and you own it. You may put music on a separate audio track.
- Avoid logos, copyrighted art or photographs or images (beware of large trademarks/signage in the background).
If your video is accepted:
- We’ll send you details on how to submit your tape or burn the DV or HDV file to a data DVD.
- We have the right to edit your video and broadcast it over the air, internet and home video.